BS EN ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for auditing management systems
Details: A4 Paperback, 56 pages.List Price (RRP): £198.00 (No VAT Payable)Save £9.90 with our 5% online discountOur Online Price: £188.10
Stock status: Available to Order (Stock Due)
Publication date: 05/07/2018
Publication Status: Active
What is this standard about?
It provides guidance for any organization that wants to plan and conduct management systems audits or manage an audit programme.
Who is this standard for?
Organizations that use ISO management system standards (e.g. 9001, 14001, 45001, 27001, etc), from the very smallest to multi-national, multi-site global conglomerates.
Why should you use this standard?
It provides guidance on auditing management systems and includes:
- The principles of auditing
- Managing an audit programme
- Conducting management system audits
- Guidance on evaluating the competence of individuals involved in the audit process. This includes the individual(s) managing the audit programme, auditors and audit teams.
NOTE: It’s possible to apply this document to other types of audits as long as special consideration is given to the specific competence needed.
What’s changed since the last update?
The main changes are:
- Addition of the risk-based approach to the principles of auditing
- Expansion of guidance on managing an audit programme, including audit programme risk
- Expansion of the guidance on conducting an audit, particularly the section on audit planning
- Expansion of the generic competence requirements for auditors
- Adjusted terminology to reflect the process and not the object (thing)
- Removal of the annex containing competence requirements for auditing specific management system disciplines (due to the large number of individual management system standards, it would not be practical to include competence requirements for all disciplines)
- Expansion of Annex A to provide guidance on auditing (new) concepts such as organizational context, leadership and commitment, virtual audits, compliance and supply chain