BS EN ISO 14122-4:2016 Safety of machinery. Permanent means of access to machinery. Fixed ladders
Details: A4, 58 pages.List Price (RRP): £246.00 (No VAT Payable)Save £18.45 with our 8% online discountOur Online Price: £227.55
Stock status: Available to Order (Stock Due)
Publication date: 30/06/2016
Publisher: British Standards Institute (BSI)
Publication Status: Active
BS EN ISO 14122-4:2016
Safety of machinery – Permanent means of access to machinery. Fixed ladders
The 14122 series of international standards defines general requirements for safe access to machines. It applies to both stationary and mobile machinery where a fixed means of access is necessary. The series does not apply to powered means of access such as lifts, escalators or other devices specially designed to lift people between two levels.
The 2016 version is a full five-year revision of BS EN ISO 14122-4:2004+A1:2010 which has been withdrawn.
Who is the standard for?
This standard will be used by:
- Machine manufacturers (small, medium and large enterprises)
- Health and safety bodies (regulators, accident prevention organizations, market surveillance, etc.)
The standard’s use will also affect:
- Machine users/employers (small, medium and large enterprises)
- Machine users/employees (e.g. trade unions, organizations for people with special needs)
- Service providers, e.g. for maintenance (small, medium and large enterprises)
- Consumers (where machinery is intended for use by consumers).
What does the standard cover?
This part of BS EN ISO 14122 gives requirements for fixed ladders which are a part of a stationary machine, and to the non-powered adjustable parts (e.g. foldable, slidable) and movable parts of fixed ladder systems.
It specifies minimum requirements that also apply when the same means of access is required as the part of the building or civil construction (e.g. fixed ladders) where the machine is installed, on condition that the main function of that part of the construction is to provide a means of access to the machine.
It is intended that this part of BS EN ISO 14122 is used with BS EN ISO 14122-1 to give the requirements for fixed ladder systems. This part of BS EN ISO 14122 is not applicable to machinery manufactured before the date of its publication.