BS 45002-0:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems. General guidelines for the application of ISO 45001
Details: Paperback, 28 pages.List Price (RRP): £104.00 (No VAT Payable)Save £7.80 with our 8% online discountOur Online Price: £96.20
Stock status: Available to Order (Stock Due)
Publication date: 01/03/2018
Publication Status: Active
What is this standard about?
This standard exists to help organizations improve worker protection and promote a healthy workplace. Specifically it was developed to help current users of OHSAS 18001 migrate to the new international Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system standard ISO 45001.
Who is this standard for?
It can help organizations of all sizes and types that want to implement ISO 45001, including first time users. It’s also suitable for organizations that are not yet ready to comply with all of the requirements in ISO 45001 but which want to systematically improve OH&S management.
Why should you use this standard?
- As far as possible the guidance is written in plain English, and is intended to be accessible to anyone who needs to manage OH&S in the workplace
- It describes what the individual clauses of ISO 45001 intend and provides guidance on implementing an OH&S management system based on ISO 45001
- It can help organizations implement a proportionate OH&S management system that reflects their own health and safety situation
- It provides practical examples on how to meet the high level requirements in ISO 45001
- It can be used in whole or in part to systematically improve OH&S management, whether or not users wish to implement ISO 45001 in full
NOTE 1: This standard provides general guidance and doesn’t go into technical detail on specific topics. BSI intends to publish subsequent further guidance on specific topics. The first three will be:
- BS 45002:1 Occupational health and safety management – managing occupational health
- BS 45002:2 Occupational health and safety management – managing risks and opportunities
- BS 45002:3 Occupational health and safety management – accident and incident investigation
NOTE 2: This standard is the only guidance document on implementing ISO 45001 and replaces BS 18004.